As a part of my evaluate journey, I simply had the prospect to fly Fiji Airways’ Airbus A350 enterprise class, and what a deal with it was. Whereas I am going to have a full evaluate quickly, I wished to share my preliminary impressions, since I do know many are booked on the Los Angeles to Nadi route because of the quantity of award availability we have seen (I booked my ticket with 55,000 Alaska Mileage Plan miles — what a deal!).
Fiji Airways’ spectacular A350 enterprise class
Fiji Airways now has two Airbus A350-900s, which the airline primarily makes use of for the flagship Los Angeles (LAX) to Nadi (NAN) route. Am I the one one who likes Fiji Airways’ livery? It is easy however enjoyable.
Fiji Airways’ Airbus A350s had been initially meant for Hong Kong Airways, so the airline inherited most of these interiors. Fiji Airways has 33 reverse herringbone seats in enterprise class on the A350, that are wonderful. Whereas the cabin as such feels generic, with white and cream shade finishes, the headrests, pillows, and blankets, give the cabin a little bit of persona.
I had flown Fiji Airways’ A330 enterprise class earlier than, which function angled seats and do not have direct aisle entry. Suffice it to say that this can be a huge enchancment.
Past the seat, what stood out to me was simply how well-rounded the expertise was, all whereas providing some pretty native Fijian aptitude, that consistently reminds you that you just’re headed to paradise.
What was service like on the 10hr30min flight? After takeoff there have been drinks and a few snack combine.
For dinner there have been just a few choices. I began with a candy potato and coconut soup, served with a facet salad that had cherry tomatoes and avocado.
Then for the primary course I had a scrumptious spicy vegetable curry with black rice.
Then for dessert there was a tasty coconut pudding.
Breakfast was served earlier than touchdown.
The Fiji Airways A350 has a strong leisure choice, together with a tail digicam, which I all the time love watching (though it was darkish for all however quarter-hour of the flight). On high of that, Fiji Airways gives Wi-Fi on the A350.
Fiji Airways’ superior LAX lounge setup
Fiji Airways has an fascinating lounge state of affairs at LAX. Fiji Airways is a oneworld join member, so the airline is mainly a partial oneworld airline member. Which lounge can Fiji Airways premium passengers use?
- Fiji Airways directs enterprise class passengers to the Star Alliance enterprise class lounge
- Nonetheless, enterprise class passengers may also select to make use of the oneworld enterprise class lounge in the event that they’d like
- Better of all, oneworld Emerald members can use the Qantas First Lounge
Is there one other airline departing from LAX TBIT that provides you the choice of selecting whether or not you wish to use the Star Alliance or oneworld lounge? That is fairly superior!
Does Fiji Airways have the South Pacific’s finest enterprise class?
Fiji Airways enterprise class is just not Qatar Airways Qsuites or All Nippon Airways “The Room” enterprise class. Nonetheless, the product impresses me on a few fronts:
- For a primarily authorities owned airline of a small nation, Fiji Airways must be one of the crucial well-run airways on the market; the airline is run with self-discipline, has an ideal on-time efficiency, gives an excellent passenger expertise, and was worthwhile pre-pandemic (the South Pacific was closed for a lot of the pandemic, so there’s not a lot Fiji Airways might do the previous couple of years)
- Actually I believe Fiji Airways would possibly simply have the all-around finest enterprise class expertise in the whole South Pacific; the laborious product is manner higher than on Air New Zealand, Air Tahiti Nui, and Hawaiian Airways, and personally I would even fly Fiji Airways enterprise class over Qantas enterprise class (Qantas would not have Wi-Fi on its lengthy haul jets)
Anyway, sustain the nice work, Fiji Airways. With all of the tales about poorly run government-owned airways, like Garuda Indonesia, Thai Airways, Uganda Airways, and many others., it is refreshing to see a government-owned airline do properly, and driving an enormous quantity of tourism to the nation.
It was so nice to fly Fiji Airways’ new Airbus A350, which gives a a lot improved enterprise class expertise. This is a superb product to one of the crucial lovely locations on the planet (though sadly I did not get to go to this time). If in case you have the prospect to fly with Fiji Airways, I would extremely suggest it.
In the event you’ve flown Fiji Airways’ A350 enterprise class, what was your expertise like?